1 Tin of chickpeas, drained
Zest and juice of half a medium lemon
1 Small garlic clove chopped (1/2 tbsp if you use crushed garlic)
½ tsp Salt and pepper
2tbsp (30ml) Tahini paste. You can add 3 for additional flavor
2tbsp (30ml) Ice water
½ tsp ground cumin
2tbsp (30ml) Olive oil
- Add all the ingredients except the olive oil and ice water to a food processor and blend at a high speed. First stream the ice water until combined followed by the oil.
- Scrape down the sides of the food processor regularly until the mixture is combines.
- If the mixture is too thick, add equal quantities of cold water and oil to keep the mixture creamy and stabilized.
- Scrape into a bowl and use as needed.
SPINACH AND FETA FILLING
200g Spinach, cut
100g Feta Cheese
30ml Olive oil
1tsp Dukkah spice (optional)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Place the spinach in the sieve and place on top of the pot with boiling water taking care that the sieve does not touch the water. Cover with a lid and allow the spinach to steam or wilt. You can also wilt the spinach in a pan with a little bit of water.
- Drain the spinach well then add chop finely. In a food processor, blend the spinach, feta cheese, oil and spice together then use as your filling.