200g Monkfish, skinned and filleted – I buy from Seven Seas Fisheries.
2tbsp Butter, divided
½ Onion, chopped
100ml Dashi broth or fish stock
100ml Dry white wine
½ tsp Wholegrain mustard
1tbsp Chopped parsley or tarragon
Salt and pepper to taste
30g Grated parmesan
- Dry the monkfish fillets and cut them into bite sized pieces.
- Heat 1tbsp butter. As soon as the butter starts to foam, fry the fish for 2 minutes until just opaque in colour.
- Divide the fish between 2 ramekins.
- Heat the remaining butter in the same a pan then add the onion and fry for 5 minutes until soft.
- Pour in the dashi, wine and cream then bring to a simmer.
- Allow for the sauce to reduce slightly for 2 minutes then add the mustard, half of the parmesan and chopped parsley. You want a creamy sauce, semi thick sauce.
- Season if needed then divide the sauce between the 2 ramekins.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs and grill for 4 minutes.
- Serve warm.